Manly West Public School

Respect, Responsibility, Aspire

Telephone02 9948 2257

Parents, carers and the community

As a parent or carer, you are an important part of our school community. We offer a range of services to support you and your family.

Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C)

Our Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C) is made up of parents and carers, teachers and community members. The P&C meets regularly to contribute to decision-making, developing policies and management plans as well as fundraising.

The Manly West P&C is a vital part of the school community and has a proud history of helping Make Manly West the Best.

Whether it be through the fabulous teaching resources the P&C has provided to the school, our famous band, before and after school care, canteen, uniform shop, our kitchen garden, kindy cocktails or our fabulous Carnival there isn’t a day that goes by when your child or children won’t use a P&C supported activity.

Many people don’t realise just how many touch points they have with the P&C and how much it contributes to the school community.

The objective of the P&C is to provide facilities and services that improve the well being of the students of the school. 

If you want to make a real difference to your child's school and become part of the community there is no better way than to become involved in the P&C. 

To find out more go to the Manly West P&C website.

Counselling for families

The school counsellor can assist when families undergo a trauma or big change. Contact us to make an appointment. For information in community languages, see school counselling service.

Outside of the education system, free telephone counselling services are available to support families who may be going through a difficult time.

  • Lifeline – 24-hour telephone counselling service. 13 11 14.
  • Mensline Australia – 24-hour telephone counselling service for men. 1300 789 978.
  • Parent line – an advice and information service. 1300 1300 52.

At Manly West our school counsellors are Natalie Shamir and India Leon. To make an appointment please call the Manly West school office on 9948 2257.

Interpreting and translations

We will help you communicate with our school. If you’d like an interpreter for a school meeting, let us know and we will arrange one, if available.

If you don’t speak or understand English well and want to contact us, call TIS National on 131 450 and ask for an interpreter in your language. The operator will call the school and get an interpreter to help. This service is free.

For more information, listen in your language.

Visit the department’s translated documents section for important information that’s relevant for your child’s education in many languages.